Communion

Communion

April 13, 2017

April Blog Update

  After eleven years, as of next month I will be ending my work on the street with the homeless in Portland.
Rev. Nancy White, an ordained UCC minister, will be taking over my street hours  and I will remain Director of Grace-Street Ministry and continue to work behind the scenes.

 It is sad saying goodbye to the hundreds of people who have taught me so much, allowed me access to their precious life stories and made me a better person by challenging my judgements and expanding my reality of poverty and homelessness. It has been a privilege knowing and loving them. Our work will continue and may Spirit continue to guide Pastor Bob, Pastor Jeff and Pastor Nancy and Pastor Dave in providing a pastoral, loving presence with the brave souls on the edge of society, our brothers and sisters all. Thank you so for your continued support.  Love, Rev. Mair Honan